Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Wounded Veteran Wins Seventh Title at Lumberjack World Championships

Wounded warriors are such an inspiration to me. To have life changing injuries received in the line of duty, and to continue to accomplish so much.. well even on my worst day I have no right to even consider quitting....


HAYWARD - People came from across the country to watch at the 50th annual Lumberjack World Championships in Hayward. Sunday was the finals, and a wounded veteran was in the competition. It's an international world class competition.

This year, wounded Iraq War Veteran JR Salzman came back to compete and he made it to the finals. "Regardless of my injuries, I can still log roll, I can still win, I can still accomplish things and I'm alive, I'm still here, I'm going to enjoy life," said Salzman.

Full Story Here

No comments: